Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who is this guy?


Pictured in the photo above is my dream shop.
It was part of the forge shop of the USS Prometheus, a Navy repair ship, circa 1920's.

"Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say I am strong" Joel 3:10

I like this verse. Unlike the similar ones in Isaiah and Micah, both of which say the opposite, this ones says something about what people here in Eugene, Oregon would call 'empowerment'.

My name is Dan Brock and I comprise a one man operation making reproductions of historical fighting knives and I also identify with the scriptures recycling aspect. It may be some ham-handed attempt at social responsibility or that I'm just too much of a Scot, but I try to use only reclaimed steel for my blades. Large ones are forged from leaf spring while the smaller blades start as files. Each blade is hand forged, hardened and tempered.
I strive to produce a quality product but I don't have a slavish devotion to 100% accuracy. This is partially because I have little access to original knives to study but also to make any resale as authentic antiques more difficult. Each knife is stamped with my makers mark and the year of manufacture and is, I feel, a true representation of the general spirit of the originals if not an exact replica.

Before I talk about ordering I need to say this: There are areas in our nation where governments are still trying to control behavior by the criminalization of inaminate objects. To this end, I take no responsibility for the legality of your purchase. In ordering you are stating that the knife you order is legal in your state and that you are of legal age to possess it.

The procedure for ordering, such as it is, is to simply e-mail me with your order, or any questions you may have.
I accept personal checks (no one's screwed me yet) or money orders. Or, you can pay by credit card through PayPal.
I've tried to sprinkle links to contact me liberally throughout the text.
They'll look like this:
"To order e-mail me
dbrock76@yahoo.com"
Thanks for looking.

Dan Brock
1383 Dalton Dr.
Eugene, OR
97404

dbrock76@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dan makes a very nice replica of all his knive, I've seen him at work and have been in his shop. I would definately buy more of his stuff.
El presidente, ed

Unknown said...

Greetings and salutations Good Sir!, I seem to have an issue getting in contact through email. The links onsite won't work for me and the dbrock76 seems to be obsolete. I'm the client whom ordered the Case bootknife and sent you the Southern pecan wood. YHS, Stephen